Cannot create a team: Error creating team (user already has an active trial)

Hello there,

I would like to create a new team for an academic project but I get the following error message:
“Error creating team (user already has an active trial). Please try again.”

Some background:

• I am a free user, and I use WandB for my studies
  • At my internship, we used WandB as well, where we created a team. When I click Subscriptions and land the on Accounts and Billing page, I see that I have 2 accounts: my personal account, and a corporate account with my internship team name. I am guessing that the “user already has an active trial” might refer to this corporate account
  • I am trying to create a team with my personal account for an exam-project in my education

Could You please help me creating the team? Is it maybe more easy to ask one of my classmates working on the same project to sign up and make a new team instead of me trying to create one?

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your help in advance.
Have a lovely day,
Márk

Hello @mark-eszaros ,

Happy to help, to assist further could you please provide your user profile so we can review. Also if your Academic/University email is linked to your profile, have you tried to create a Team and selecting Academic Button? Did the application prompt same message?

Hello @joana-marie ,

I did try to use the Academic button and got the same result.
Also, my account is registered through my github account which is connected to my private e-mail account. On a second review when checking my profile, I can see that my private e-mail address is stored in my profile.
My user profile link is: Weights & Biases

After reading Your answer, I have the hunch that I could register another account using my Academic email address, but I will await Your answer as it might be possible to solve the situation through my existing account as well.

Hi @mark-eszaros , Yes it is necessary to link your Academic/University email in order to create a Free Single Academic Team given that you are not yet a member of any other Academic Team. Please try to link your Acad Email and try to create an Academic Team., let us know if that will proceed.

Hello @mark-eszaros , would like to follow up if everything is working on your end please, thanks!

Hi @mark-eszaros , since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!