Point Clouds no longer 3D-viewable?

I’ve been using the WandB 3D point cloud feature for a few months now to view my model’s embeddings in 3D. But recently my collaborators and I have notice that this feature seems to have been disabled…?
Now when we mouse over a point cloud image, instead of getting the “X” in the top right in order to expand and going into 3D mode… nothing happens.
(How) Can we get 3D viz back for point clouds? This was an important feature.

To reproduce: go to any WandB page for point cloud that used to be viewable in 3D, whether in documentation or in your own runs. You will see that there is no longer a way to make it 3D.

UPDATE: I notice that also “3D Molecules” are also no longer offered in 3D, rather only as static images.

UPDATE 2: Yea I’m thinking this is an unintentional bug. Your “3D Objects Live Example” also no longer is 3D-viewable.

Update 3:
Looking at the JS console in Brave, I see several different sets of error messages. One reads:

o151352.ingest.sentry.io/api/1201719/envelope/?sentry_key=6a30939a85c7404f9a1bc8e02147e62e&sentry_version=7:1          Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

another is

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 422 ()

If I look at the one with molecules I see

3helpers.js:76 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'shaderSource' on 'WebGLRenderingContext': parameter 1 is not of type 'WebGLShader'.
    at Kp (ngl.esm.js:17305:5)
    at new Uw (ngl.esm.js:17890:23)
    at Gw.acquireProgram (ngl.esm.js:18321:14)
    at Nt (ngl.esm.js:23961:27)
    at Rt (ngl.esm.js:24121:4)
    at Ld.renderBufferDirect (ngl.esm.js:23114:17)
    at vt (ngl.esm.js:23865:10)
    at Ye (ngl.esm.js:23835:5)
    at Ld.render (ngl.esm.js:23589:39)
    at St.__renderSuperSample (ngl.esm.js:56300:25)
    at St.__render (ngl.esm.js:56335:14)
    at St.render (ngl.esm.js:56359:14)
    at St.animate (ngl.esm.js:56043:14)
    at i (helpers.js:73:23)

another other is

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED   api.wandb.ai/graphgl:1

and another is

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()  api.wandb.ai/graphgl:1

Here’s my example, that’s not working but used to.

LINK FAILURE: In the WandB run page, I went to the point cloud panel I wanted to share and selected “Share panel” and then “Anyone with the link can view” but it’s still not giving you a direct link to the pane. So because it’s not linking directly to the panel you’ll have to scroll through “Media” until you find “embeddings_3dpca”.

Thanks Scott, I’ve filed a ticket for this. Will keep you updated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.