Logging Date Objects

Hey everyone!

I’m looking for a way to log Dates. I want to show the evolution of our labeled data over time over non-uniform time steps. To make it more clear, let’s say I want to display the amount of data on arbitrary days. If I ran my W&B run on those days, I could distinguish them by run:createdAt. The plots could display them as dates as one would expect and everything is fine. Now, this fails as soon as I want to have a starting date AND an end date. Therefore I’m looking to log date data.

The functionality should be there, as it is for createdAt, but I can’t figure out how to log my own. I couldn’t find a suitable object in the docs and neither POSIX timestamp nor iso format/datetime objects work out of the box.

Is there no way to do this, or did I overlook something?

As a workaround I could just use the POSIX timestamp as scale, but I guess we all agree that’s a little unwieldy.

Hi Thomas,

I looked into this and it looks like there is no good way to upload date data currently. I agree that this is definitely something we want to support, I’ll create a feature request for this and keep you updated on the progress of this feature.

For now, a POSIX timestamp is the only way to upload this data.

Thanks,
Ramit

1 Like

Hi @tsteffek,

Here is one way to do what you want to acheive, through our Tables:

Timeseries

Let me know if this helps with what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Ramit

Hi Thomas,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Best,
Weights & Biases

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.