Cannot figure out how to style bar charts as box plots

Hello!
I am trying to follow this tutorial: Bar Plot | Weights & Biases Documentation
It shows that it is possible to visualize data with box plots. My script:

import wandb
import numpy as np

for i in range(3):
    wandb.init(project='Test project', name=f'run-{i}')
    for x in np.random.normal(size=30):
        wandb.log({'x': x})
    wandb.finish()

I want to see box plots of “x” data for three runs. But unlike the example in the tutorial when I create Bar Chart it displays ‘Style’ field on ‘Grouping’ tab only when I activate ‘Runs’ toggle button which leads to averaging data over runs. But I need individual box plots for all runs.

Hey @ulaelfray, is your goal to have 3 box plots for 3 individual runs? Or 3 box plots for 3 run groups? For example, if you run your above script 3 times, you can generate 3 run groups through the Runs table and form 3 box plots that way (see attached). You cannot have 3 box plots for 3 individual runs - since individual runs have 1 static value for x (metric you defined), and box plots wouldn’t apply, since those are intended to visualize a distribution.

Hi Leonid,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Best,

Uma

Hi Leonid, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.