How to group runs (e.g., different random seeds) together on the wandb report function for plots?

I am running some experiments where I have multiple random seeds per experiment setting, so I am trying to group the runs together to get their average and standard deviation (this is standard in reinforcement learning research these days). However, I can’t seem to figure out how to get this to reliably work on wandb – sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

For reference, this is the kind of plot that I am trying to generate:

There are two overall curves, but these are averaged among several runs, which is why you see a shaded region for standard deviation.

I make this figure in a wandb report by going to the panel grid and assigning different runs together to a group manually. Here is a screen recording of the process of how I try to do this.

Here, I’m showing another set of runs that I’m trying to group together (it’s about 15 total individual runs, but in 3-4 groups, so I’m trying to group the curves). However, clicking on the “Runs” button means nothing changes! This is strange since it’s how I do this to create my other grouping plots. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make this function work more reliably? Thanks!