Wandb sync confusing personal project for team project

I have a project “foo” on my personal wandb account (entity “user”). However, I am also a member of a team (“team”). When I try to sync an offline run using wandb sync path/to/foo/run, I want it to be saved in project “foo” on my personal account. However, wandb creates a new project “foo” that is owned by “team”.

Is there any way I can fix this? Do I need to change the way I’m logged in to my wandb account? wandb says that I am logged in as user (team), but I’m not sure how to change that.

Hi @adamoyoung thanks for reporting this issue. Could you please provide the --entity and --project arguments as follows:
wandb sync -e personal -p foo path/to/foo/run

Would this work for you? There’s a Project Defaults section in your personal settings page where this in your case seems to be configured for your team entity. You may change that if you wanted the default to be your personal account.

1 Like

Hi @adamoyoung just checking in here to see if you were able to sync your run after providing the entity/project arguments? Thank you!

Thank you for the tip! Yes, using wandb sync -e user -p foo path/to/foo/run seems to work for me ( in my case, user is adamoyoung).

Thank you @adamoyoung for the confirmation, glad to hear this! I will close this ticket now, but please feel free to reach out to us if you had any other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.