WandB groupby doesn't display every run in a group

I’m running the latest wandb/local Docker image (version 0.45), but at some point (I don’t know what version I was running previously), groupby functionality stopped working - in the following, note that there are two groups (“minimum_area: 0.1” and “minimum_area: null”), and both groups correctly report five members, but the “minimum_area:null” group doesn’t display its five runs (note that it has been twirled open). This makes it impossible to control the visibility of group members for that group.

Many thanks,
Tim

Following-up, it looks like this issue started in version 0.40.0 - with 0.39.0 the group displays the correct membership:

Following-up some-more, I notice that while version 0.39.0 displays the “minimum_area: null” group members correctly, changes to the visibility of the “minimum_area: null” group and its members doesn’t update the plots in the workspace.

Hi @tshead ,

I appreciate raising this concern and will be happy to help, is it okay to share your workspace link so we can review further?

@joana-marie: Thanks for the quick response. Not sure what you mean by “workspace link”? This is a local install of wandb and I can’t share the contents of the project.

I did try to reproduce this behavior with a minimal test project that doesn’t contain any real data, but everything works as expected. Perhaps this is an issue with the version of wandb/local in-use when the real project was created which, unfortunately, I’ve lost track of.

Cheers,
Tim

Hi @tshead ,

Oh I see, perhaps you could share us for reproduceable example code for logged runs please because we’ve attempted to reproduce the problem on both version 0.39.0 and 0.45.0 without a problem and all runs display under their group.

Hi @tshead , since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.