Feature Request: Embed only a table/report

I intend to do a series of blog posts which use W&B reports like this one:

As you’ll notice, I have multiple reports in the blog post. The current embed with an IFRAME takes up way too much space because of the header and the footer where you can comment etc. I’d prefer to have the ability to just embed a table (or preferably) the content section of a report.

Does this ability currently exist? I checked the documentation but couldn’t find anything like that.

If the functionality does not exist, being able to do so in future would be a great help for me and probably for others too.

I currently take screenshots of the relevant part of the report and then link to the full report on W&B. But I hope you’d agree that having the interactivity of the W&B report in the post itself would be much more preferable :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Thanks for wanting to share W&B within your blog.
Here is how you can embed W&B Reports as iFrames:

Select the Share button on the upper right hand corner within a report. A modal window will appear. Within the modal window, select Copy embed code . The copied code will render within an Inline Frame (IFrame) HTML element. Paste the copied code into an iframe HTML element of your choice.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: But you might have missed the relevant part in my question … namely, “The current embed with an IFRAME takes up way too much space because of the header and the footer where you can comment etc. I’d prefer to have the ability to just embed a table (or preferably) the content section of a report.”

I have already looked at your documentation, searched the forums etc. I don’t believe what I want is supported at the moment. Just checking in case I missed something obvious.

Again, I do know I can use the “Share” feature but that embeds everything including the report title and the comment area. I do not want that. I’m looking to embed just the table/content area.

oh, sorry I about that. I reread it and I don’t know how I missed that :man_facepalming:

No, it’s not currently possible to just embed the W&B Table. This is a good feature request, I’ll follow up with the team. Thank you

Not at all, Scott :slight_smile: I’m sure you have lots of people who don’t bother to read the docs and ask about embedding stuff. So no worries.

Thank you for passing on the request to the team. Much appreciated!

I’ve done at least 10 screenshots of data grids since yesterday for two separate blog posts. So I know that this would be something that would be useful to others too :slight_smile:

Incidentally, I’ve found W&B to be really, really useful. And if you guys want more feature requests, I do have some!

Also have a few other questions but will create posts for those later on … Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi @fahimf , thank-you for the feature request. There is currently an open request for this and it is under consideration. Once the team makes a decision, I will provide an update in this thread.

Hi @mohammadbakir , thank you for the update. Will wait for your update!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.