Run plot to report with Report API

I’m having some issues getting a barchart to work in the Report API. I can log the data as a histogram directly and it shows exactly as I want on the run page. Trying to get it in a report using the Python API for reports it shows as

This chart does not exist or you don’t have permission to view it.

wandb.log({f"{dataset_name}/plots/confidence_distribution_nd": wandb.plot.histogram(confidences_nd_table, "y")})

I’ve tried approaching it in a couple of ways:

• wr.BarPlot, but this takes data directly available in the run, using the table that the original plot is also based on this still comes back as an invalid plot.
  • wr.CustomChart, also no luck with:
wr.CustomChart(
                    query={"summaryTable": {"tableKey": f"{dataset_name}/plots/confidences_nd_table"}},
                    chart_name="histogram",
                    chart_fields={"x": "bin", "y": "confidence", "title": "Model Confidence Distribution"},
                    layout={"w": 24, "h": 12},
                ),

Both of these ways feel like it’s rebuilding the plot (if it worked) while the plot already exists on the run page. Can I just take the plot straight from the run and use it in the report?

@stef-brands , could you try updating your log call for custom report to include full path to chart. As custom chart presets can be generated by users, the full path is expected to include the entity.

change chart_name=chart_name="histogram" to chart_name="wandb/histogram/v0" does this impact the behavior you are seeing?

Hi @stef-brands, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!