What are you listening to?

Share your podcast and episode recommendations here!

1 Like

I love ML Street Talk (though it’s a bit complex and goes over my head most times). I enjoy some of Lex’s podcast episodes as well. I discovered CTDS a month back and I’m hooked. The Kaggle stories on CTDS are brilliant.

I highly recommend:

1. CTDS Rohan Rao: Rohan Rao | Numbers, Data Science & Kaggle | ASHRAE - Great Energy Predictor 2nd Pos Sol - YouTube
  2. CTDS Chris Deotte: Chris Deotte | Secrets to Becoming 4x Kaggle Grandmaster | Discussions and Notebooks #1 | CTDS.Show - YouTube
  3. Lex Fridman with Yoshua Bengio: Yoshua Bengio: Deep Learning | Lex Fridman Podcast #4 - YouTube
6 Likes

CTDS is great. The fact that Sanyam doesn’t have a tea sponsor yet is really a huge loss for the tea industry

5 Likes

I’m obviously biased because I produce it, but here are some of my favorite Gradient Dissent episodes!

• Dominik Moritz on visualizations
    • Dominik talks about the grammar of graphics, a really insightful and beautiful approach to statistical graphics that I first encountered back in my R and tidyverse days.
  • Polly Fordyce on microfluidics
    • I didn’t know anything about microfluidics before this episode, but it was fascinating to listen to Polly talk about #dropception (cells inside picoliter-scale water droplets inside oil droplets :exploding_head:) and protein sequencing.
  • Roger Magoulas and DJ Patil on data science
    • Data science is so prevalent now that it’s easy to forget that it’s very new (only a few decades!). It was fascinating to hear stories about the early days of data science from two people who helped shaped the field.
5 Likes

Joy of X by Steven Strogatz is an absolute gem.

1 Like

I am listening to podcasts by Naval. He is such a brilliant man.

1 Like

Can you share a link to the one you’re listening to?

Currently this one: The Beginning of Infinity

1 Like

I really enjoyed this episode of The Robot Brains Podcast about Zipline. They literally slingshot drones to deliver medical supplies and then they automatically return and are yanked from the sky.

1 Like

I like the diversity of this one and going deeper into the problems and paths to the various discoveries. Microsoft Research Podcast Archives - Microsoft Research

1 Like

I like listening to the Breaking Math Podcast.

1 Like

:grinning: I caught this one live: Emily M. Bender, Professor at UW — Language Models and Linguistics - YouTube - thought it was excellent!

2 Likes

I also really like Emily M. Bender’s episode! I loved the octopus thought experiment and the Thai Library of Congress analogy, I thought they presented the form vs meaning distinction in a very intuitive way

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Just came across this community through this Pandora in production video.
Lots of leads for a beginner.
Amazing reccos above.

2 Likes