Problem with permission:wandb.errors.CommError: It appears that you do not have permission to access

Hi community, I’m getting this error from my code as it was working fine couple minutes ago and it suddenly had this happened. I’m the only person in the project. This is the first time it happened ever since I used wandb throughout 2000+ hours usage. Thanks in advance.

args.wandb = AVAILABLE_WANDB
if args.wandb:
wandb.init(
project=f’AFL-{args.method}-{args.adversarial_type}-{args.n_batches}-{args.total_num_clients}-{args.num_clients_per_round}-{args.dataset}-{args.num_clients_per_round}-{args.num_available}-{args.total_num_clients}‘,
name=f"{args.method}{args.comment}",
config=args,
dir=’.',
save_code=True

)
    wandb.run.log_code(".", include_fn=lambda x: 'src/' in x or 'main.py' in x)

I’m getting this error: File “C:\Users\johnn\Desktop\code\Resource Aware\Summarized-repo-main\Active-Client-Selection-for-Communication-efficient-Federated-Learning-main\src\main.py”, line 161, in
wandb.init(
File “C:\Users\johnn\anaconda3\envs\myenvfortest\Lib\site-packages\wandb\sdk\wandb_init.py”, line 1195, in init
wandb._sentry.reraise(e)
File “C:\Users\johnn\anaconda3\envs\myenvfortest\Lib\site-packages\wandb\analytics\sentry.py”, line 155, in reraise
raise exc.with_traceback(sys.exc_info()[2])
File “C:\Users\johnn\anaconda3\envs\myenvfortest\Lib\site-packages\wandb\sdk\wandb_init.py”, line 1181, in init
return wi.init()
^^^^^^^^^
File “C:\Users\johnn\anaconda3\envs\myenvfortest\Lib\site-packages\wandb\sdk\wandb_init.py”, line 785, in init
raise error
wandb.errors.CommError: It appears that you do not have permission to access the requested resource. Please reach out to the project owner to grant you access. If you have the correct permissions, verify that there are no issues with your networking setup.(Error 404: Not Found)

I am also seeing all of a sudden this after thousands of wandb runs.

Hi @johnnyxiangyuma and @shiron-drusinsky - we had a partial outage that we have resolved so you should be able to initiate Runs as expected.

Please let us know if you are still seeing the error and apologise for any issue this may have caused.

why was this outage not reported on https://status.wandb.com/? I encountered the same issue and wasted so much time trying to debug

1 Like