How to log configs except for configs that need to be tuned in w&b when I use ray tune for tuning

Hallo! I want to log some configs that are not for tuning, for example, the name for datasets, and the name for different losses. When I call WandbLoggerCallback in tune.Tuner, it turns out that only the hyperparameters that it tuned are logged, other configs are not there, even though I have called wandb.config[“lossfn”] = "cross_entropy " at the beginning.

for example, as you see that there is nothing in the columns dataset and lossfn.

Hi @ziwencheng, you may just need to call wandb.run.update() after you update the config to set the config for the run. If that doesn’t work could you should me the order in which you are setting the config and initializing the WandbLoggerCallback object?

Thank you,
Nate

Hi Nate, thanks for your reply. wanb.run.update() doesn’t work. I only initialize the WandbLoggerCallback object in the tune.Tuner. The setting config is before the WandbLoggerCallback. I can show you the whole function.

@ziwencheng, it looks like we don’t have a way to do this currently with our Ray integration. Could you possibly add the parameters to your search space but only as single values? This wouldn’t affect your search space since they are single values but would log the config values to W&B.

If you’d like I can put in a feature request for a more official way of doing this?

Thank you,
Nate

@ziwencheng I wanted to follow up and see if this worked for you and if you’d like us to make a feature request around this?

Thank you,
Nate

hi!Sorry for the late response! It still doesn’t work. It would be great if you make a feature request of course! Thanks!

Hi @ziwencheng, sorry for the delay! I was able to get this to work by using wandb.config.update(<dictionary of config I'd like to add>). I know we tried run.update but could you possibly try using wandb.config.update() instead of simply assigning the values to the config object?

Thank you,
Nate

@ziwencheng, I just wanted to bump this and see if you got a chance to try the above method of updating the config?

Thank you,
Nate

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.