Delete artifact in s3

Hi :slight_smile:

I was wondering if it’s possible to delete an artifact that is a reference to an S3 object.
I mean deleting it within weight and biases but also from S3.

If it’s not built-in, is there any webhook that I can use to delete my model in S3 when deleting it from W&B?

The flow would be :

1. Train => Push metrics to W&B, push model to S3, add the S3 reference of the model as an artifact in W&B.
  2. Evaluate, do some comparison, ML magic, etc…
  3. Deciding to delete the run as another was better. Delete in W&B, which will remove all the run and all the files in S3 associated with this run.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

Hi @ierezell,

This is not supported inside of wandb. You can use Boto3’s S3 API to delete objects from S3.

W&B does not store the data from any artifact references, only metadata related to the artifacts. As a result, we can not operate on that data.

Thanks,
Ramit

Hi @ramit_goolry,

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

Is there any possibility to have a webhook then?
So when a delete is called wandb executes my hook to delete the corresponding S3 files ?

Thanks in advance,
have a great day

Hi @ierezell,

I apologize, but we don’t support web hooks to S3 currently. The most secure way to programmatically delete your artifacts would be through Amazon’s Boto3 API.

Thanks,
Ramit

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.