404 Error on use_artifact() call on existing artifact

I’m getting the following error when calling use_artifact(). Creating an artifact seems to work fine.

wandb: ERROR Error while calling W&B API: failed to find run artifact/4e54ygf8 (<Response [404]>)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/sdk/lib/retry.py", line 131, in __call__
    result = self._call_fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/sdk/internal/internal_api.py", line 366, in execute
    return self.client.execute(*args, **kwargs)  # type: ignore
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/vendor/gql-0.2.0/wandb_gql/client.py", line 52, in execute
    result = self._get_result(document, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/vendor/gql-0.2.0/wandb_gql/client.py", line 60, in _get_result
    return self.transport.execute(document, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/sdk/lib/gql_request.py", line 59, in execute
    request.raise_for_status()
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 1021, in raise_for_status
    raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://api.wandb.ai/graphql

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/folders/38/db3wysd12rl46s8z6jx1ksr00000gn/T/ipykernel_31482/2024531381.py", line 13, in load_data
    raw_data_artifact = run.use_artifact("mnist:latest")
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/sdk/wandb_run.py", line 371, in wrapper_fn
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/sdk/wandb_run.py", line 361, in wrapper
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/yoohee/opt/anaconda3/envs/base-python39-wandb/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/util.py", line 905, in no_retry_auth
    raise CommError(f"Permission denied to access {wandb.run.path}")
wandb.errors.CommError: Permission denied to access yoohee/artifacts-example-with-kolena/4e54ygf8

Hi Yohee,

Thank you for reaching out. I’ll be glad to assist you with this concern. I appreciate the full trace back error that you provided. Can you also provide the following:

• A reproducible code snippet for me to reproduce the issue that you are encountering
  • the debug.log and debug-internal.log files. These files are under your local folder wandb/run-<date>_<time>-<run-id>/logs in the same directory where you’re running your code.
  • WandB Version that you are using

Regards,
Carlo Argel

Hi Yohee,

I just want to follow up the following information needed for this. Additionally, can you also check the following:

1. Can you create the artifact correctly?
  2. Are you trying to access an artifact that you have created? (We can see here a permissions related issue: wandb.errors.CommError: Permission denied to access yoohee/artifacts-example-with-kolena/4e54ygf8 )
  3. Can you provide us a code snippet of how you are trying to utilize the use_artifact() call

Regards,
Carlo Argel

Hi Yoohee, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.