Want to log Inference Progress

Hi Wandb,
I am running an Inference script on a huge corpus for a wav2vec ASR model. I want to log the progress on wandb (% of files completed) either as a progress bar or a changing label so that I can peacefully close the sagemaker notebook window and make sure the notebook still runs fine. How can I log the percentage completion (maybe like tqdm)?
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

For now, I’ve logged the progress in the form of a linear graph (showing percentage and examples inference) manually updating them in each iteration. But wouldn’t it be a good feature to have a tqdm like progress bar in the wandb dashboard?

1 Like

Hi @spranjal25,

This is a nice idea. All of the logs printed during your run will be displayed in the logs tab of your run.
That’ll show your progress bar from tqdm. I do agree however that it would be a nice feature for us to add to be able to display a custom progress bar on your workspace, alonside your other plots. I’ll make a feature request ticket for this.

Great @_scott! Thanks for the quick response. Also, thanks for the ‘logs’ part, not sure why I never noticed it. I am able to see my logs but I think the earlier logs are replaced, I’m not able to see the TQDM progress bar. But I must say, you’ve built a great product with WANDB. Kudos!

1 Like

Hi, I’m glad you like our product so far. We actually have a ticket out to fix tqdm with wandb. I have increased the priority on it for you and I’ll keep you updated on it

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.