Wandb cannot login using api key

Hi,
I am trying to login to wandb for the first time after creating an account. Within a conda environment I have installed wandb using pip install wandb. I then go to login using wandb login but upon pasting my api key I am met with the following error: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/tmp/.config/wandb/tmpvrhd6ftw.tmp' and cannot seem to resolve this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Hi @at1219 , It looks like you might have access to your tmp dir. My recommendation here would to run id in your command line and then ls -alr /tmp/.config/wandb. You might have written to this folder under another session (which might’ve produced different user).

If you don’t have write access, the two options are:

1. Configure your workspace to have write access to the /tmp directory
  2. Set WANDB_CONFIG_DIR to a directory to which you have access to. You can even set a user-based config directory like this – os.environ['WANDB_CONFIG_DIR'] = "/tmp/.config-" + os.environ['USER']

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or in case you’ve any further queries.

1 Like

Hi @at1219 , I wanted to follow up on this request. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Hi @at1219 , since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.