Wandb: 429 encountered when running several jobs

Hello! I use wandb a lot for academic research purposes and it is great!

Lately, the following error frequently occurs when I run several jobs in parallel.

wandb: 429 encountered (Filestream rate limit exceeded, retrying xx sec)

Could you help increase the rate limit for my account please? My wandb username is “salv47”

Thank you,
Salva

Dear Weights and Biases Team,

Our lab and myself are deeply invested in spatiotemporal modeling, and we have found Wandb to be an invaluable tool for tracking and visualizing our experiments. However, lately the following error frequently occurs when I run several jobs in parallel.

Could you help increase the rate limit for my account please? My wandb username is “salv47”

Thank you,
Salva

Request #66314 “Wandb: 429 encountered (Filestre…” was closed and merged into this request. Last comment in request #66314:

Hello! I use wandb a lot for academic research purposes and it is great!

Lately, the following error frequently occurs when I run several jobs in parallel.

Thank you,
Salva

[Discourse post]

Hi @salv47

Good day and thank you for reaching out to us!

We are happy to help you on this request. Before we proceed, can you describe to us your experimental setup, and what you are attempting to accomplish using the SDK?

Thanks,
Paulo

Hi @paulo-sabile - Thank you for the prompt reply. I am running multiple 1 GPU training and evaluation/testing jobs concurrently. The issue arises especially for the evaluation jobs which need to log many scalar values (>500). This is particularly so because, optimally, I would like to run several evaluation jobs concurrently (for different wandb evaluations runs/IDs), so they end up logging a lot at similar times.

I use wandb sdk to look at the metrics, analyze results, export results, aggregate runs, generate reports of the runs/-groups etc.

Let me know if you’d like to have more details.
Salva

Hello @salv47 as requested we doubled your rate limit. Let us know if you have further questions. Thanks!

1 Like

I really appreciate that - thank you!

Marking this as resolved @salv47 , feel free to write in again for any concern. Thanks!

Hi @joana-marie I have encountered the same; will you please increase my rate limit?