Select runs and parameters for Run Comparer

I’d like the idea of using the Run Comparer, but I can find a way to select which runs to display, nor which parameters I want to display. As I have 100 runs in my project, it seems to be selecting 10 runs at random, none of which are actually the ones I want to compare. There are also lots of parameters that I’m not interested in for this particular evaluation. Unless I’m missing something, I assume a feature would need to be added to allow the user the select the runs and parameters.

Hi @jearly
You can control which runs to display by clicking the :eye: icon on the Run set below your panels. You can toggle “diff only” to show only the parameters which have different values across the runs displayed.

Hi @_scott

Thanks for the quick response!

Just to clarify, I have the runs on the LHS with 100 visualised. I can see that if I deselect the eye icon for a run, then it does indeed disappear from the Run Comparer, but it also disappears from my other plots. Selecting “diff only” helps somewhat with reducing the parameters, but there remains a lot of info there that I would prefer to be hidden (for simplicity).

To give a bit more detail on my use case:

• I have optimised an ML model with 100 different param configs, and have plots like this (i.e., displaying all 100 runs).
  • For a select number of runs, I would then like to compare the parameters that were found using the Run Comparer. But currently the run comparer is very big with a lot of information that I want to reduce.
  • So ideally I’d like to keep all 100 runs for the top plots, and then select specific runs in the run comparer, which I believe I’m not currently able to do.

Here’s what the run comparer looks like for me:

This would be a great opportunity to create a Report and do your analysis there. You can add multiple plots with different Run Sets. To do so, click “Create Report” and within the Report, type ‘/’ and add a PanelGrid and add the panels you care about (your line plots and run comparers).

Let me know if you have any issues with this.

Hi there, I wanted to follow up on this request. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.