Question on conditional observations

Hi, I am currently recording a bunch of observations during a run via running over multiple seeds then using wandb.log.

I have some conditional observations I want to plot, where I have an indicator variable for when the event X occurs in the run. I want to see how another statistic changes when that X vs. when it isn’t, and ideally also how correlated that statistic changes/is correlated with X vs. how it changes/is correlated with a second indicator Y during an online training run.

Is there an easy way to do this? I logged the statistics, but X and Y are not available to be used as ‘group-keys’ which was my first thought to tackle the problem.

I looked into both the custom chart and weave. I couldn’t easily figure out the api for weave, but the custom chart seemed highly promising, except for the fact that I couldn’t group these variables, and I couldn’t extract prediction intervals over multiple runs.

The other issue is ‘X’ vs. ‘Y’ only occur at a small subset of times and most of the time, therefore, if you run say np.corrcoef, you get a bunch of NANs due to no variance.

Any suggestions?

Hi @bkaplowitz! Thank you for writing in!

Apologies, maybe I am not fully understanding it. Do you have two different runs already recorded? One with when X happens and the other one where the event X doesnt? if you do, could you please send me the link to your workspace?

Hi there, I wanted to follow up on this request. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Hi Brandon, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know! Unfortunately we don’t get notified if a ticket is reopened in discourse, so please go ahead and create a new ticket and we’ll take it form there!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.