Problem with launch created from git

Hi,

I think I experienced some bug :

I created a launch from git, with command like

wandb job create --project "<project-name>" --entity "<your-entity>" \ 
--name "<name-for-job>" git https://github.com/org-name/repo-name.git \ 
--entry-point "<path-to-script/code.py>"

Then couple of runs worked fine, agent received and processed. Then I commited some changes to the git repo and then I got this error:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/andruum/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/git/db.py", line 44, in info
    hexsha, typename, size = self._git.get_object_header(bin_to_hex(binsha))
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/andruum/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 1461, in get_object_header
    return self.__get_object_header(cmd, ref)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/andruum/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 1447, in __get_object_header
    return self._parse_object_header(cmd.stdout.readline())
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/andruum/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/git/cmd.py", line 1408, in _parse_object_header
    raise ValueError("SHA %s could not be resolved, git returned: %r" % (tokens[0], header_line.strip()))
ValueError: SHA b'4269b5fefe22789cde69a2be295429f71536d3af' could not be resolved, git returned: b'4269b5fefe22789cde69a2be295429f71536d3af missing'

So, it seems like if commit for which launch was created is not the last one in the remote repo, then the agent is failing to launch it for some reason.

Hey @andruum, thank you for reporting this! looking into it

Hi @andruum! Apologies for the delay! Still looking into this concern

Hi @andruum! Could you please send us a link to the launch job you are using in wandb?

Hi! Wanted to follow up with you regarding this thread

Hi, since we have not heard back from you, we are going to close this request. If you would like to reopen the conversation, please let us know! Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not receive notifications if a thread reopens on Discourse. So, please feel free to create a new ticket regarding your concern if you’d like to continue the conversation.