Network error (ConnectionError), entering retry loop

I have been successfully running my scripts with Weights & Biases without any issues until yesterday. Since then, I’ve encountered the following errors:

Failed to detect the name of this notebook, you can set it manually with the WANDB_NOTEBOOK_NAME environment variable to enable code saving.
wandb: Network error (ConnectionError), entering retry loop.
wandb: W&B API key is configured. Use wandb login --relogin to force relogin

I have ensured that my network is functioning correctly and have updated SSL certificates. However, the issue persists. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

This is my code:

#!pip install wandb -U

import wandb, os
wandb.login()

wandb_project = “mistral-finetune”
if len(wandb_project) > 0:
os.environ[“WANDB_PROJECT”] = wandb_project

Hi @fatemehhaji1998

Good day and thank you for reaching out to us. Happy to help you on this!

I have seen this problem before and most of the time, this can be resolved by relogging in on your SDK client.

Can you try to use the relogin method by running wandb login --relogin and then entering your API key? Let me know if this resolves your error.

Thanks,
Paulo

I tried relogging in as you suggested, but the issue persisted.
The problem was due to restrictions on the remote server I was using. Setting the proxy resolved the issue:

This allowed me to use W&B successfully.
Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Thank you for your update @fatemehhaji1998 . I’m happy to hear that its working now from your end. Marking this now as Solved. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need assistance!