Is there a frequency limit for wandb.log?

Hi,
Is there a frequency limit for wandb.log? I was using wandb to track my code status. I run my python code (in which wandb.log is called maybe 2 times per Sec ) via a .sh file. My code was supposed to run 10times, however I saw only 3 or 4 logs, both on wandb dashboard and my local log. The last update was 1:00 this morning, but it’s jammed till 10:00 this morning, so I manually stopped all my jammed tasks.

In my case, I started 12 master shell scripts at the same time, and each master shell scripts is supposed to run a python script 20 times one by one, each run of each python file is associated to one wandb run (although in the same wandb project). As is mentioned above, each run of each python file calls wandb.log() 2 times per seconds, so in total, the frequency should be 12*2=24 times per Sec.

I could see plenty of python -m wandb -service ..... commands running, but the process of my own code has already stpped. I 'm wondering that, is the 24 times per Sec logging frequency jammed wandb process thus jammed my code? Or is there a limitation on logging frequency?

Best regards, thanks alot :pray:

Hi @shanyixiang! Hope you are having a marvelous Monday!

Here are our docs regarding the rate limit. In general, 24 wandb logs per second does sound like it would exceed our api call limit.

Hi there, I wanted to follow up on this request. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Hi, since we have not heard back from you, we are going to close this request. If you would like to reopen the conversation, please let us know! Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not receive notifications if a thread reopens on Discourse. So, please feel free to create a new ticket regarding your concern if you’d like to continue the conversation.