How to make the Model Registry public?

I am currently trying to figure out how the Model Registry can be accessed by people not logged into WandB / not member of our developement team. Background is, that we link models that performed well in our private projects, to the Model Registry for reproducability, s.t. other researchers can access these models.

Right now I managed to make the model-registry project public which enabled not logged in users to see the models in the model registry. However, I am still unable to download the visible modle version artifacts as the download buttons are not visible on the web UI.

I am not sure if this is a bug or intendet behaviour as the entire experience of accessing a public model registry as a not logged in user is somehow very buggy with versions appearing and disappearing at random.

Does anyone have any insights on this?

Regards,
Snagnar

Hi Snagnar,

Happy to help. Could you please share an example link to a public project where users can download your models and specifically list the artifact you want them to download. Thanks

Hi @snagnar , since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

Yes, sorry I have been away the past few days. The public model registry repository I am currently trying to make publicly available is the following: Weights & Biases

There it is not possible to download the model files if I am not logged in or logged into an account without privileged access to the projects that these models were created in. Is this by design or is there a bug on the W&B site?

I can however download artifacts that are not models, i.e. in the linked model registry, everything in the tables section.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.