How to create Parallel Coordinates plot without sweeps

It would be great to plot hparams without doing sweeps, most of the time I’m doing experiments and I would love the plot to be across runs and not as a sweep. It might be complex to make this feature automated, but I’m fine if it’s within one run, would be great to have something like wandb.plots.ParallelCoordinates

Hi Faris!

You absolutely can use Parallel coordinates plots without sweeps. The web UI has an option to add additional plots on the top right of the graph section which contains the Parallel Coordinates Plot.

Thanks,
Ramit

Hi Faris,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Hi Faris , since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open this conversation, please let us know!

I ran on exactly the same issue, and for me it was the browser. When I switched from Safari to Chrome the “pattern” disappared.

hello and sorry for not responding earlier.

Yes I found it, this is indeed what I’m looking for but I’d like to be able to do it programmatically as well, I took some time to play around with it but it seems that I’ll have to add each HParam manually (one at a time). It would be great to be able to add them all because there could be 10s or 100s of hparams, also would be great to have the magic wand that will reduce to only the important hparams

You can use the parameter importance plot to find the most important parameters and then only use those Hparams when creating the parallel coordinates plot. That said, I understand it would be nice to wave a magic wand and have the parallel coordinate plot do that magically.

Hello Ramit,

I am also interested in using the Parallel Coordinates feature but without the hyperparameter sweeps. I’d like to be able to add the “parameters” vertical lines myself and plot data according to experimental results. I couldn’t find the web UI feature you described.

Also, is there a way to do this programatically from python? Please let me know.

Best,
Ahmed

having a regex option would solve this issue, like adding all of them with “" or adding "augment_” to add augmentations only etc. My pain is not in the magic wand not being there, but rather I would probably want to plot this using code, and there doesn’t seem to be an option. The second pain is in adding the options, using a regex search feature would solve this issue

I couldn’t find the web UI feature you described.

You click “+ Add Panel” in the upper right of your W&B dashboard and click “Parallel Coordinates Plot”.

programatically from python

You can use the Reports API like:

report = wr.Report(
    project=PROJECT,
    blocks=[
        wr.PanelGrid(

panels=[
                wr.ParallelCoordinatesPlot(
                    columns=[
                        wr.PCColumn("c::model"),
                        wr.PCColumn("val_acc"),
                        wr.PCColumn("val_loss"),
                    ],
                ),
            ],
        ),
    ]
)
report.save()

See a full example and explanation here: http://wandb.me/report_api

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.