How can I make the stdout file

화면 캡처 2024-07-25 210510

In the Run dashboard, I can find the “Logs”. However, I cannot download this file and
there is a cropped log file.

Besides in the ‘Files’ tab, There is not the ‘output.log’ file.

What should I do for making the ‘output.log’ file in my jupyter notebook cell ???
Frankly, There are some case that the log file is maked, but I don’t know what things can make that happen.

I already have assigned several wandb codes.

wandb.init(project= f’my_snn {unique_name}‘,save_code=True)
wandb.config.update(hyperparameters)
wandb.run.name = f’lr_{learning_rate}{unique_name}{which_data}_tstep{TIME}’
wandb.define_metric(“summary_val_acc”, summary=“max”)
wandb.run.log_code(“.”, include_fn=lambda path: path.endswith(“.py”) or path.endswith(“.ipynb”))
wandb.log({“iter_acc”: iter_acc}, step=i+epochlen(train_loader))
wandb.log({“tr_acc”: tr_acc}, step=i+epoch
len(train_loader))
wandb.log({“val_acc_now”: val_acc_now}, step=i+epochlen(train_loader))
wandb.log({“val_acc_best”: val_acc}, step=i+epoch
len(train_loader))
wandb.log({“summary_val_acc”: val_acc_now})

Hey @bhkim003! Thank you for writing in!

You will get a download file button in the top right corner when your run is done running and is in a finished/crashed/failed state. You are not able to download it if the run is still running unfortunately.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately, I cannot find output.log file or download button in the top right corner even in Crashed state run.

umm… anyway, I can solve this problem to be preferable to use wandb.finish() instead of forcefully termniating.
Because the ‘finished’ run has the output.log. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the update and sending over the screenshots! Could you please send me a link to your workspace where you are seeing this behavior? Would love to take a look.

Would you say you are currently unblocked since you can wandb.finish() the run?

Actually, I implement my code on the jupyter notebook in vscode.
When I want to terminate the ‘run’, I click ‘interrupt’ button, and then, in another cell, I type the ‘wandb.finish()’ and run the cell.
Then, the ‘run’ is recorded as ‘finished’.
I checked the ‘finished’ runs, they all have the ‘output.log’ file and download button in ‘Logs’ section.

Thats a great workaround, @bhkim003 , i’ll keep it in mind in case this use-case pops up again.

Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Is there anything else we can hep out here related to this topic?

There’s no more problem. Thank you!

Awesome! Thank you for the update! I’ll close this ticket out. Have a great rest of your week!

1 Like