Horrible performance when viewing charts for WandB run

I’ve got several runs of a Pytorch training pipeline that log stuff to WandB. I’m mostly just following the tutorials, not trying to do anything fancy. Generally, I log basic numeric metrics like loss every batch, and more complex metrics like mAP and images with bounding boxes every epoch. I’m training for 100 epochs.

However, when I try to look at the charts on WandB.ai, I’m seeing some truly awful performance from the dashboard. CPU use by the browser is pegged at 100% for several minutes just trying to load the page. When things finally load, they are unresponsive, and CPU usage remains high.

Am I doing something wrong here? Am I logging too many images? (I’m logging 128 per epoch.) I couldn’t find any guidelines for this in the docs, but maybe I’m just missing them. FWIW, I used to do a similar amount of logging in TensorBoard without an issue. Also, I think that back when I was running YOLOv5 training sessions, it was also doing similar logging, and WandB never seemed to have a problem with that.

Hi Daniel,

Potentially, you are loading too many pictures in. Could you send me a link to your workspace so I could take a peek?

Cheers,
Artsiom

Hi Daniel,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Best,
Weights & Biases

Hi Daniel, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.