Coordinate wandb local across two laptops

Hi Wandb Community!

I have a laptop in my office that I am able to run wandb local on and sync my ML experiments to my account email address. My company gave me another laptop to work from on the road and I would like to set up wandb local on that laptop to streamline ML experiments I do in office and on the road.

On my laptop, I have wandb and docker installed successfully. I can also run wandb local successfully. However, I’m not sure if I need to copy the same api key and license over for the single account to work on both machines. Is there a smart way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

wand: 0.12.18
docker: 20.10.17

@aclifton314 ,

Thank you for writing in with your question. Local is explicitly an “on-device” service.If you want to share data across devices, you would want to host you instance on a server to be able to reach it from anywhere, otherwise your two laptops wont share data. You can however still use the individual machine to sync data back/forth to W&B cloud, pull experiments/runs/metrics/ ect. to the individual machines. If this is your intended approach then you can copy the same API and Local License key to both machines. Here is a quick reference on how to switch between a private instance and the wandb cloud when you need to sync the data. Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mohammad

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.