Wandb not logging git commit/hash

Hi,

When I first used wandb, I did find that wandb automatically logs the git commit hash when I ran experiments. However, recently, I found that it stops doing so. Namely, I cannot find any git information on the “overview” page of each experiment. Does anyone have some guesses on what might be the cause? Thanks.

Hi @taochen,

Could you share a little more information about your setup here? It will help me understand the root cause of this issue. More specifically:

• Are you running a normal run or a sweep? If it is a sweep, are you running it as wandb.agent() or wandb agent?
  • What operating system are you on?
  • What version of wandb are you currently using?

It would also really help to have the link of the runs where you do not see the git hash.

Thanks,
Ramit

​Hi @taochen ,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Best,

Weights & Biases

Hi Ramit,

thanks for the help. I found out that it only occurs in one of the specific conda environments I have. I am not sure why this is the case. I will close the issue for now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.