Wandb agent creates new IDs instead of using the ID provided

in wandb, why is it creating a new sweep id grj782il and not using the ID qmi88fp4 ?

CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=4 wandb agent organisation_name/sweep_project/qmi88fp4                                                                    
wandb: Starting wandb agent 🕵️                                                                 
2023-09-17 17:33:59,952 - wandb.wandb_agent - INFO - Running runs: []                         
2023-09-17 17:34:00,599 - wandb.wandb_agent - INFO - Agent received command: run              
2023-09-17 17:34:00,599 - wandb.wandb_agent - INFO - Agent starting run with config:          
        batch_size: 8                                                                         
        densenet_depth: 121                                                                   
        lr: 0.0001                                                                            
        n_epochs: 10                                                                          
2023-09-17 17:34:00,601 - wandb.wandb_agent - INFO - About to run command: /usr/bin/env python
 3d_training.py --batch_size=8 --densenet_depth=121 --lr=0.0001 --n_epochs=10                 
2023-09-17 17:34:05,612 - wandb.wandb_agent - INFO - Running runs: ['ofr52kq1']               
Create sweep with ID: grj782il                                                                
Sweep URL: https://wandb.ai/organisation_name/sweep_project/sweeps/grj782il 

Hi @liutiming !

Thank you for writing in!

Could you please talk a bit about your experiment setup? Are you interested in resuming your previous sweep? Are you changing your sweep config in between ending your old one and starting a new one?

Warmly,
Artsiom

Hi there, I wanted to follow up on this request. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Cheers!

Hi @liutiming , since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

Warmly,
Artsiom

Thank you @artsiom! Sorry I did not get email notification on this.

The command is as CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=4 wandb agent organisation_name/sweep_project/qmi88fp4. What I am hoping to achieve with this command is to use another GPU to contribute to sweep qmi88fp4, but the output shows that instead of creating runs under qmi88fp4, the command created a new sweep with ID grj782il

Gotcha, so you are interested in being able to use multiple GPUs to on one single run instead of multiple different runs?

Are you launching a sweep, and then trying to connect a gpu to it, or are you trying to launch a sweep with 2 gpus from the beginning?

Thanks @artsiom If this is the command, then I think it is connecting a GPU to a newly lauched sweep run, but it should uses the existing sweep config and ID?

Thank you for your swift response!

The command should look something like this:
CUDA_VISIBLE_DEVICES=4 wandb agent sweep_ID

Could you send me a link to the project and a sweep you are trying to launch using distributed resources?

Hi there, I wanted to follow up on this request!

Hi, since we have not heard back from you, we are going to close this request. If you would like to reopen the conversation, please let us know! Unfortunately, at the moment, we do not receive notifications if a thread reopens on Discourse. So, please feel free to create a new ticket regarding your concern if you’d like to continue the conversation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.