Sweeps with a set number of seeds for the same hyperparameter values

Hi, I would like to run a random sweep of my hyperparameters. However, I want to have 5 runs (with varying seeds) for each hyperparameter configuration. In other words, I want a random search strategy for my hyperparameters but a grid search strategy with respect to the seeds. This is a pretty standard way of performing hyperparameter tuning in my field (computing science).

There is an old thread from 2021 that mentions this feature may be added to W&B, but it is now 2023 and I don’t see any information on this in the documentation. Has this been added, or has anyone found a way to work around this (e.g., is there a way to seed the random search strategy for W&B)?

Hi @sschoepp,

Happy to help on this one. Right now, random seeds on sweep is not yet supported on WandB. Upon checking there is an active feature request regarding seeds but no determination from the product team yet when it might be delivered. We will keep the community updated if this releases. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.