Run crashed at end of epoch due to invalid name

I walked away from my run, only to come back and see it stopped after 1 epoch with:

File "/home/ubuntu/src/polez/conda/polez/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/integration/keras/keras.py", line 1019, in _save_model_as_artifact
    model_artifact = wandb.Artifact(f"model-{wandb.run.name}", type="model")
  File "/home/ubuntu/src/polez/conda/polez/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wandb/sdk/wandb_artifacts.py", line 137, in __init__
    raise ValueError(
ValueError: Artifact name may only contain alphanumeric characters, dashes, underscores, and dots. Invalid name: "model-point-tall-fine,temp=0.2,batch=1024,custom_sched=false"

I would much rather have found this out at the beginning when I called wandb.init

Hi @tbirch, This is not the run name which errors out, but the artifact name, which is why your program errored out after an epoch, on the call to wandb.Artifact.

Hi @tbirch,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Best,
Weights & Biases

Hi @tbirch, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.