How to log multiple metrics to the same chart?

Under Log Data with wandb.log - Documentation it says I can have multiple metrics show up on the same chart by logging them in the same dict. On the UI they still show up on different charts though :frowning:
Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? I can post code if necessary but I really donā€™t think Iā€™m using the API incorrectly

Hi @rowan-dempster, welcome to our forums!

By default, each chart has one metric but you can easily add other metrics in the UI by editing a chart using the pencil icon in the top right (appears on hover) and adding the other metric or metrics you care about to your Y-axis.
Hope this helps!

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply and your suggestion. This is the approach I have been taking and would be satisfactory if I did not have to re-create the chart parameters for every run. Is there a way to have a specific chart config show up by default on new runs of the same project?

Thanks,
Rowan

Glad you found that solution yourself.

Is there a way to have a specific chart config show up by default on new runs of the same project?

When you create or edit a chart (panel) in a Run Page, it should appear on your other runsā€™ Run Page.

When you create or edit a chart (panel) in a Run Page, it should appear on your other runsā€™ Run Page.

This is the behavior I was expecting, but I am not observing it. Specifically, whenever a new run is logged the charts I see are always the same (just one chart per metric). New custom charts, and sections for that matter, are not preserved.

but I am not observing it

I take this back, I just observed the charts synchronizing themselves across runs. But it does not happen consistently, I just started another runs and the custom charts are not present. Maybe they show after the run finishes?

The expected behaviour of this is that the chart will show up when possible in the run. For example, if you try plot ā€œtest_accuracyā€ but you havenā€™t logged that yet for a given run, that chart wonā€™t show up. As soon as you have logged a value for the metric youā€™re trying to display, you chart displaying that should appear.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.