Conditional sweep config

I guess the answer to this is “not supported” when looking at similar requests, but at least… let me add a +1 to the feature request. Simplified, presume I have two approaches to training a model, each with its own sub-approaches. Is there a way to define a sweep config in a way that I can do a search over sub-approaches that depend on the main approach, i.e., how to build something like:

python3 train.py --approach a --sub_approach a1
python3 train.py --approach a --sub_approach a2
python3 train.py --approach b --sub_approach b1
python3 train.py --approach b --sub_approach b2

I could…

• do 2 sweeps for a anb b in that toy example, but I think I cannot combine the results of different sweeps into a single graph, right?
  • Or I could check in train.py and abort the program for invalid combinations; in this case I think I need to tell wandb to continue with the sweep since there would be a number of “crashes”
  • Or use a different hyper param optimizer and integrate into wandb (but would like to avoid that).

Any other options? If different hyper param optimizer, any recommendation because of better/easier integration with wandb? Thanks for your input/ideas.

Hi Stephan!

This is a very popular feature request. I just +1’ed it and raised the priority on it for you. Hopefully, we’ll see this feature asap!

Cheers,
Artsiom

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.