BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe error, sweeps, dcoker container

I am using pytorch in a docker container and normal wanb logging works fine. However, sweeps are throwing me broken pipe error.

detailed output:
self.send_server_request(server_req)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/wandb/sdk/lib/sock_client.py”, line 155, in send_server_request
self._sendall_with_error_handle(header + data)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/wandb/sdk/lib/sock_client.py”, line 130, in _sendall_with_error_handle
self._send_message(msg)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/wandb/sdk/lib/sock_client.py”, line 152, in _send_message
sent = self._sock.send(data)
BrokenPipeError : self._sendall_with_error_handle(header + data)[Errno 32] Broken pipe

File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.10/site-packages/wandb/sdk/lib/sock_client.py”, line 130, in _sendall_with_error_handle
sent = self._sock.send(data)
BrokenPipeError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
wandb: Agent Starting Run: k6kbvtuu with config:
wandb: learning_rate: 0.0004854382775075168
wandb: sampling_frequency: 2

code

opts = options.parse()

if opts.wandb_sweep:
wanb_obj = wandb_logging.wandb_logging(opts)
wandb_config = wanb_obj.get_config()

def main():
trainer = Trainer(opts, wandb_sweep = True, wandb_config = wandb_config, wandb_obj = wanb_obj)
trainer.train()

sweep_configuration = {
“method”: “random”,
“metric”: {“goal”: “minimize”, “name”: “train2_loss”},
“parameters”: {
“learning_rate”: {“max”: 1e-3, “min”: 1e-8},
“sampling_frequency”: {“values”: [1, 2, 3, 4]},
},
}

wanb_obj.startSweep(sweep_configuration=sweep_configuration, project_name=“my-first-sweep”, function_to_run = main, count = 5)

my methods:

wandb_logging() has

wand.login()
wandb.init(project=“my-first-sweep”, config=self.config, dir = ‘data/logs’)

startSweep()

sweep_id = wandb.sweep(sweep=sweep_configuration, project=project_name)
wandb.agent(sweep_id, function=function_to_run, count=count)

Hi @kalia-megha84, thank you for reaching out. Would you mind sharing some additional information to help us troubleshoot this:

• What version of the SDK are you running on the docker container?
  • Do you have access to the ./wandb/ folder on the container? If so, would you be able to send us the debug.log and debug-internal.log that you should be able to find in the ./wandb/run-date_time-runid/logs folder (you should have one per Run started by the sweep)
  • I see you mentioned your methods startSweep(), wandb_logging() - however, I see wandb_obj is defined as wanb_obj = wandb_logging.wandb_logging(opts). Is wandb_logging also a custom class you defined with the method wandb_logging()?

Thanks,
Francesco

Hi @kalia-megha84 , I wanted to follow up on this request. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Hi @kalia-megha84 - since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!