Bayes method for searching in sweep

Hi,
I am using Bayes searching method to sweep through a group of hyper-parameters. Number of all permutations of these 2 hyper-parameters is 15. I set sweep count as 60, in order to get more cases. However when I check the sweep plots, I see this:

There are already 44 sweeps, but it seems many of cases are exactly identical. As a result, I actually only get 6 or 7 cases, even less than grid search. As you can see above, many cases are really superpositioned…

So it confuses me now that how should I understand Bayes searching method.
And there is corresponding code about sweep:

sweep_configuration = {
'method': 'bayes',
'name': f'{args.dataset_name} 3rd class: levels, hidden_size',
'metric': {'goal': 'minimize', 'name': 'valid/ber'},
'parameters':
{
    'levels': {'values': [1,2,3,4,5]},
    'hidden_size': {'values': [1.0,2.0,3.0]}
}
}
args.tune_count = 60
wandb.agent(sweep_id, function=Hyper_param_Tune, count=args.tune_count)

Thanks for any help!

Here is also another prove that many cases are identical:

Hi Jialei, apologies you are running into this, could you send a link to your workspace, as well a the minimal reproduction steps?

Hi Jialei,

We wanted to follow up with you regarding your support request as we have not heard back from you. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance or if your issue has been resolved.

Best,
Weights & Biases

Hi Jialei, since we have not heard back from you we are going to close this request. If you would like to re-open the conversation, please let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.